Sweet potato tots…..
Irisa Raina 9
If you buy a larger bag of the pepitas than needed freeze them because they will go bad.
I had a combination of sweet and Yukon gold left over so that is what I used.
Do not crowd the pan if you are frying them.
If you do not want to fry them you can bake them in a very hot 375/400 oven till they are all golden brown.
I cooked only ½ of this mixture and I got 24 so depending on how big or small you make them will determine what the yield is.
This mixture freezes well.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 & ½ cups left over mashed potatoes “ more or less “
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces roasted and salted pepitas
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 & ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper “ or to taste”
- ¾ cups panko bread crumbs
- ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry minced onion
- green onions “ white and green parts”
- oil for frying