Spirted Sweet Potatoes or Yams
I love the flavor of Brandy or Rum in recipes. Especially during the holidays.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- large can of candied sweet potatoes or yams with cinnamon (my favorite brand is sw)
- 1/4 c
- soften organic raw butter
- 2 Tbsp
- brandy or rum (you can use the brandy or rum extract)
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly grated orange peel (you can used dried orange peel)
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple tidbets in pineapple juice, drained
- 1 cup
- chopped pecans or walnuts that have been roasted
- 3 Tbsp
- heaping, organic dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- organic raw butter softened
- pinch of cloves or nutmeg (optional)
1Do NOT drain the sweet potatoes or yams.
Butter a casserole dish. Add the sweet potatoes or Yams, butter, brandy or rum, salt, orange peel, and pepper. Mix slightly.
2Mix all the topping ingredients together. Top the sweet potatoes.
3Cover the casserole and bake at 350* for 30 mintues. Uncovered and bake for another 10 minutes.
4I ran out of brown sugar one time...and used maple sugar. Came out just as good.