Special Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Choose your liquid by how rich you want your potatoes,for every day,I use milk,for company or holidays,I use cream,these are NOT every day potatoes.
The cheese is optional of course, but delicious.
These are good to make twice baked potatoes as well.
Yukon gold and red potatoes are my favorite choices for mashed potatoes,use what you like.
- 2 lb. peeled and diced yukon gold or red potatoes
- 1 head of garlic cloves,peeled and mashed
- 6 t. butter
- 1/2 c milk,half and half, heavy cream or buttermilk
- 1/4 c jack,cheddar or parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 t. chives or green onions,minced
Drain potatoes and return to pan. Place pan back on burner,just to dry potatoes.
Mash the potatoes, then add the butter,garlic,salt and pepper,cheese and sour cream,slowly add liquid until potatoes are smooth and fluffy.
Sprinkle chives on top of serving dish.