Skillet Red Potatoes with Smoked Sausage
Andy Anderson !
1: It has great presentation value at your table.
2: It tastes amazing… and I mean REALLY amazing.
If you have a small cast-iron skillet, this would be the perfect time to pull it out and use it. It gives the dish a rather rustic/charming appearance. Don’t forget: We eat first with our eyes.
I promise you won’t have any leftovers, if you make this for your next party.
So, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp
- vinegar, i use rice vinegar, but plain white will do
- 1/4 medium
- yellow onion, very thinly sliced, paper thin
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 tsp
- fresh rosemary leaves
- salt, kosher variety, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 4 small
- red potatoes, skin on, quartered, about 5 ounces (141g)
- 4 oz
- smoked sausage, half-inch slices and then quartered, or whatever sausage you wish (110g)
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheese, sharp or mild, your choice