The first thing I make is a beef stew, after Labor Day, and then I think of biscuits and homemade pies, and then the root vegetables. We enjoy a small roasted turkey, usually the Hotel Style, which cooks quickly and is perfect for just the two of us, for several meals.
I love organic vegetables, especially carrots, which are so sweet and orange! Now I combine carrots, potatoes and squash or onions in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper. The parsnips I boil gently and add later.
- medium potatoes, peeled, halved and quartered.
- 1 lb
- medium carrots, peeled,halved and cut into two inch lengths
- small / medium onions, peeled.
- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 1 medium
- butternut squash, peeled, split and cut into 8 servings.
- 1 lb
- parsnips, peeled, halved and in 2 inch lengths.