My Potato Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- medium potatoes, russet type potato (about 2 lbs)
- 1 1/2 c
- mayonnaise or salad dressing (i use real mayo)
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp
- prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- salt ( i like a little more )
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 c
- thin sliced celery (about two stalks)
- small onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- sweet pickles, chopped (not pickle relish)
- hard cooked eggs, coarsely chopped but keep one egg to slice in whole circles. (don't chop until ready to use)
- 1/2 Tbsp
- celery seed
- paprika, to taste
1*** Don't use too large of potatoes or this will end up not being saucy enough. also its better to chop the boiled eggs in chunks, not too small or they disappear in the salad.
Boil potatoes with skins on, about 20-25 minutes or until tender.Drain and refrigerate until cold. Overnight is best. When ready to make salad, peel off skins, this should come off easy. Chop the potatoes in small to med sized chunks. I like my potato salad chunky, not mushy so don't cut them too small.
2In a large bowl, combine the mayo, mustard, salt, pepper and celery seed. Stir in the celery, onion and chopped sweet pickle. Add the chopped potaoes and chopped eggs, leaving the one boiled egg until end.
3Toss lightly to coat. Cover and chill 6 to 24 hrs.
To serve, sprinkle top of salad with paprika and slice remaining hard boiled egg in thin circles placing them gently on top for presentaion.