Meatloaf for Onion Lovers
Trying to load pics next to directions...
A work in progress.
TY for your patience...
I've been using this recipe for 34 years. It's always a hit! Please note that I use "meatloaf mix" [pork/veal/beef]. You can use ground beef but it just doesn't have the flavor worthy of posting on JAP...
- 1 1/2 lb
- meatloaf mix [pork/veal/beef grinded together]
- in philadelphia pa, the meatloaf mix is next to the beef section on the meat aisle. you can always ask the supermarkett's bucher to make up your package. if the butcher is friendly, you can call before you're coming to get it.
- 1/2 c
- ketchup [heinz is best for this dish]
- 1/2 c
- onion - diced [use vidalia if in season]
- 1/3 c
- plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp
- accent [flavor enhancer] optional
- salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- water [amount will be discussed in directions]
Using wire whisk, mix until well blended
One time I bit into my engagement ring! A lesson I didn't have to learn twice... lol
For germophobes, I respectfully suggest that you use sterle latex or npn-latex gloves. This will help you get through the sqeezing process...
Make the loaf any shape that tickles your fancy.
Loaf pan is not required