Maria's potato taco's
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- • ¾ pound potatoes, peeled, chopped into ½-inch pieces • 4 ounces jack cheese • salt and black pepper • 8 corn tortillas • ¼ cup olive oil • jared green salsa • ½ cup mexican crema, or sour cream
11. Bring large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander. Mash the potato in large bowl, or pass through potato ricer. Mix in the cheese. Season mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
22. Spoon two tablespoons of potato mixture into each tortilla. Fold each over, and secure each with one tooth pick, weaving in and out to keep each in a “U” shape.
33. Pour oil into large 12-inch cast iron pan set over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add enough tacos as will fit in a single layer, about four. Cook until crisp and golden on each side, about 30 seconds for each, flipping with pair of tongs. When done, remove tacos, draining as much oil as you can. Place on paper towels and repeat process until all tacos are cooked.
44. Serve with your favorite green salsa and Mexican crema.