LOADED OVEN BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
Rose Mary Mogan
This is my version, using all the ingredients that my family & I have come to love.
I make it often as individual servings, other times, I simply mix it all together,& put it in a casserole dish.
No matter how you put it together it is always so very tasty, and good. Using the Yukon Gold adds an extra dimension of flavor in my opinion. Because the skins are so thin, I even left them unpeeled to add a little extra fiber.
Use the ingredients you & your family love, & this will become a family favorite
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 lb
- yukon gold potatoes, ( cut into eights)
- 1/2 -1 Tbsp
- kosher salt(added to pot of potatoes while cooking)
- 2 pkg
- 3 oz each real bacon bits
- 2 bunch
- green onions, chopped fine
- 1 c
- shredded swiss cheese or mozzarella
- 12 oz
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz
- mild shredded cheddar cheese
- 4-5 slice
- american cheese, cut into triangles for garnish
- 2 c
- sour cream ( i prefer daisy brand)
- 1 stick
- butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tsp
- granulated garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- granulated onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- coarse ground black pepper
- 2 c
- french fried onion rings
- additional salt if needed according to taste
- additional green onions & shredded cheese for garnish
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash & cut potatoes into eights and add to a large pot. Fill with cold water, add kosher salt. Place on stove over medium heat, bring to a boil, and cook till tender, or when knife inserted into potatoes it is released easily.
2Drain Potatoes into colander, then pour potatoes back into large pot, and place over low heat to dry out excess water. Remove from heat.
3Add to an even larger bowl and proceed to partially mash with potato masher, leaving some pieces in chunks.