Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Even my pickiest eaters love this recipe. I never have leftovers!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 5 lb
- red potatoes, unpeeled, washed and pierced with fork several times on each side
- 1 lb
- bacon, crisply cooked and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 c
- chopped green onion (i use a little more)
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream (reg or low fat)
- 1 c
- salt and pepper
- olive oil or olive oil spray
Bake until soft, about one hour.
Cut potatoes into one inch cubes.
Lightly oil baking pan with olive oil or oil spray.
Place potato cubes into single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt (I use sea salt for more flavor) and pepper to taste. Return to 400F oven for 5 - 8 minutes until cubes are just barely roasted. I prefer not to let mine brown at all-- just "firm" up.
Note: Any condiments or toppings typically added to a loaded baked potato may be used for this recipe