Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 medium
- sweet potatoes of equal size
- 1 c
- brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 stick
11. Place sweet potatoes in a steamer basket over simmering water. Cover. Let steam until potatoes are fork tender. (time depends on size of potatoes).
22. Allow potatoes to cool until you can handle them. Remove the outer skin. Cut potatoes in 1/2 or 1/4's lengthwise depending on size of potato.
33. Put brown sugar on a large plate or in a pie pan. Roll cut sweet potatoes in sugar pressing the sugar on until well coated. (note: the hotter the potatoes, the more easily the sugar will stick).
44. Melt butter in a large heavy frying pan. Place the sugared potatoes in the butter. Turn frequently until golden brown and syrupy. (about 10 - 15 minutes) (be careful, the sugar will burn easily). Remove to a platter and serve. (may keep warm in the oven until ready to serve).