Easy Creamy Herbed Honey Gold or Baby Red Potatoes
I used a mixture of fresh herbs, (lemon thyme, dill and Italian flat leaf parsley) but the original recipe called for just dried dill. Pick and choose your favorites.
This will be on our weekly menu from now on. So quick and easy, too!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2
- lbs. small honey gold or baby red potatoes, quartered
- oz. cream cheese or neufchatel, room temp.
- cup half & half, warmed slightly to take chill off
- tsp. dried dill or 1 tb. fresh dill (i used more. i used fresh dill, fresh italian flatleaf parsley and fresh lemon thyme.)
- salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
1In large saucepan, cover potatoes with water and lightly salt. Bring potatoes to a boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes until fork tender.
2While potatoes are cooking, warm cream cheese slightly in the microwave for 20 seconds or so. (Don't use cold cream cheese.) Combine cream cheese and half & half with a small whisk or hand mixer. Stir in desired fresh or dried herbs.
3When potatoes are done, drain thoroughly and pour cream cheese mixture over hot potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with additional fresh herbs, if desired. Serve hot.