"Compromise" Potato Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 28-32 oz.
- bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 1/2 stick
- butter, melted
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 can(s)
- condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 c
- sour cream
- chopped green onions, including the tops
- 2 1/2 c
- grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- crushed corn flakes (store brand is fine!)
- *1 c
- chopped ham to make this a main dish (optional)
Defrost the hash browns. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, with one stick of melted butter and the salt and pepper.
Mix corn flakes with ¼ cup melted butter. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of potatoes and cover with corn-flake mixture. Bake another 10-15 minutes until topping is crisp. (I boost the oven temp to 400 degrees the last five minutes!)
This dish can be made ahead of time, and it also freezes well.