Colcannon - Creamy Kale and Potatoes
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- medium to large potatoes (russet), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 c
- chicken or vegetable stock
- head dark curly kale, trimmed of tough stems and chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- whole milk
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp
- ground thyme
- scallions, sliced
- handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1Boil potatoes for about 15 minutes in salted, boiling water. Drain and return the potatos to the hot pot and mash.
2In a separate pot, bring the stock to a simmer. Add kale and cover. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
3In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add milk. Season with nutmeg and thyme and add scallions to the pan. With a slotted spoon, transfer kale from borth to the milk. To this pot, add the mashed potatoes and stir 2-3 minutes or until nice and creamy, yet thickened. Adjust seasonings, to taste.