Chili Sem Carne
- beans, lots or one 14 oz can (kidney or pinto, homemade or can)
- peeled tomatoes - 6 or 8 small - or one 19oz can if available
- onions - 2 to 4 small as to taste
- chili seasoning - preferably club house chili - 1 packet
- black pepper, to taste
- chili pepper , to your taste, as hot as you like
- one green bell pepper
Cut up all vegetables in small bite sized peices. In a deep, large pan. Add the chili packet and beans with juice.
Fill the pan with water, almost to the top. Stir thoroughly to mix the ingredients.
Add the chili pepper and black pepper and salt to taste.
Cover and cook for one hour and a half on medium-low heat. Watch carefully to make sure the pan does not boil over.
A half hour before the chili will be ready, prepare the potatoes. You can peel them if you wish. He prefers to leave the skins on. Cut the potatoes into small pieces so they cook faster.
When the potatoes are done, ladle the chili over the potatoes. Enjoy!