My Own Butter-Crunch Topped Mac & Cheese
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pound of your favorite macaroni (one with ridges is best to hold on to the sauce0
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 heaping tsp. wondra quick-mixing flour.
- 8 ounces good shredded sharp chedder cheese
- 6 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 cups milk.
- 1 tblsp. red hot sauce(will not make it hot)
- fresh ground black pepper.
- salt/to taste
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
1cook and drain macoroni well.
2In a saucepan,melt butter.
3Add flour,on LOW,stirring untill completely mixed in with butter.
4Stir in milk.
5Add cheeses,stirring till melted and creamy consistancy of cheese sauce.
6Add Red Hot sauce,stir into the sauce.
8Place drained macaroni into the pasta cooking pot,add cheese sauce and mix together very well.
9Pour into a buttered cassorole dish.
10In a small mixing bowl,mix melted butter with Panko crumbs.
11Spoon the buttery crumb mix over the top of mac and cheese.
12BAKE:400 degrees about 25-35 minutes until top is light golden brown,and bubbly.