Mom Sefcik's Famous Cornbread Dressing
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- butter, melted
- loaf, white bread, cut up into small cubes
- 3 pkg
- cornbread mix, baked per instructions on pkg.
- whole eggs, slightly beaten
- whole eggs, boiled and chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- sage or poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp
- curry powder
- 1 box
- (32oz. box) chicken broth, enough to make soupy
1Bake 3 packages of cornbread per instructions on bag in a 9X13" pan. Break up cornbread and 1/2 loaf of white bread into a large bowl.Add all dry ingredients and let set over night.
2Saute onions and celery in butter and add to dry mixture.
3Mix above mixture with 4 raw eggs and 2 boiled and chopped eggs.
4Add enough chicken broth until mixture is soupy.
5Grease a 9X12X2" pan heavily with shortening. Add dressing and cook at 350° for about 1 1/2 hours. (The bigger your pan the less time it needs to cook.) Dig in with a spoon to see if it is done. It should be moist not dry.