Diabetic Fresh Tomato and Basil "Guy Pie"
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- heart smart bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- smart balance light butter spread
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 pkg
- fresh from farm or
- 1 pkg
- (large package) shreaded low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 c
- light mayonnaise
- handful fresh basil
- 4 oz
- naufanchel cheese (light version of cream cheese)
- seeded hot pepper (according to your taste, i use serrano or jalapeno)
- medium sized red onion, skinned and cut into quarters
- 1 dash(es)
- fresh garlic & black pepper
THE BOTTOM LAYER
With a fork, mix the crust ingredients. If too moist, add a tad more Bisquick. Combine completely using hands if you choose then divide in two and spread in bottom and up sides of two pie plates.
Thinly slice the tomatoes and layer on bottom of crusts dividing evenly between the two pies. Divide the cheese and sprinkle over tomatoes.
Put filling ingredients into a blender and blend on "liquefy" mode. Pour half carefully over each tomato/cheese layer and spread out evenly to sides with spachula or spoon.
Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes testing after 30. Pies are done when slightly browned on top.
Cool on wire rack. Serve warm but also great the next day cold ~