Cretan Dakos/Kritikos Dakos
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- cretan barley rusks, about 4" in diameter (read recipe intro)
- 2-3 medium
- good quality fresh tomatoes, *grated*
- 4 oz
- feta cheese, crumbled or you can use a myzithra in combination
- 1/3 c
- good quality extra virgin olive oil
- dried greek oregano
- black olives for decoration: kalamata or similar mediterranean olive
*If you are using whole grain bread/barley bread, slice thickly, drizzle lightly with olive oil and toast until very crispy or bake in an oven at about 350º for 10-15 minutes.
Drizzle with another teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle with oregano. Top with a Kalamata olive.