Chicken and Dressing
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- cooked chicken, off the bone and chopped
- 1 large
- skillet of cooked cornbread. ( cook by recipe on package)
- 2 large
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1 can(s)
- cream of celery soup
- ground rubbed sage according to taste
- chicken brooth as needed (use the stock from cooking the chicken)
- pepper (add according to taste)
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
1Cook your chicken untill tender. Cool to where you can handle it to debone it and chop it.
2Bake the cornbread according to diretions on package. Cool
3Crumble the cornbread in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. I use my hands some times to mix it.
4Add the sage and pepper according to your taste buds. No salt is usually needed because the soups usually have enough salt in them to season it. But add salt if you desire. Some people like it "Hot" so for them I add chyenne pepper.
5Pour into a 9 X 13 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes or until brown and not too gooey when cutting.