Yummy Chicken Liver Pate
Although probably not a "traditional" pate, this is quite tasty!
I spread this on water crackers - mmmm!
I have included the Brandied Aspic that came with the recipe, although I haven't tried it (don't usually have Brandy on hand, and too cheap to buy it for one recipe) I don't doubt that it is equally tasty. If any of you do try the aspic, please let me know how you like it!
In a pretty jar, this would make a lovely gift!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/3 c
- onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- (1/2 stick) butter (no substitutes)
- 1 lb
- chicken livers
- hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounce) cream cheese, cut into 6 - 8 chunks
- 1/4 c
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- brandied aspic (recipe follows)
Decorate pate with pimento, parsley and pickles. Spoon aspic over (if using). Chill until firm.