CHEESE SPREAD for BREAD
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 oz
- sharp, cheddar cheese, cold and cut into chunks
- 6 oz
- butter, unsalted, room temperature
- scallions, finely chopped
- clove garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 lb
- loaf of ciabatta bread, cut in half, horizontally
1Place large cookie sheet in center of oven on rack.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2In food processor, combine cheese and butter, process until mixture is smooth. Add the scallions and garlic, pulse until combined.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3Place bread cut into halves on pan that will fit on top of HOT cookie sheet. Slather an adequate amount of the cheese spread on the bread.
BAKE 10-15 Minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
4Cut bread into 2 inch wide slices and serve hot with your favorite dish.