NUNU's "JEZABEL" RELISH
PEPPER NOTE: This recipe was put together in September, (during the pepper-growing season, when they are getting plenty of water and not being too hot). A past experience, I found making it in October - November - December, etc. .... advise using "one-half" the amount of Jalapeno Peppers. With that past experience the peppers were so "HOT", they almost took my head off! Thus I lean towards making this relish in the Summer time, during the growing season and adjust that 'Pepper Heat' to my taste.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 c
- 'finely' chopped jalapeno peppers (i used green, reddish- green, yellow and red hot peppers) -- about 2-1/2 pounds fresh jalapeno and other hot peppers) -- see directions.
- 2 c
- 2 cups 'finely' chopped sweet peppers (i used yellow, red and orange bell peppers) -- about 1-1/4 pounds fresh bell and/or other sweet peppers) -- see directions.
- 4 c
- 'finely' chopped cucumbers -- about 4 pounds fresh cucumbers -- see directions.
- 2 c
- 'finely' chopped onions -- 1 xxl size/weighed 1 pound (the size of a soft ball.) -- see directions
- 1/2 c
- 5 1/2 c
- 3 c
- cider vinegar
- 1/4 c
- pickling spices -- tied in a cheesecloth bag
- 1 tsp
- tabasco sauce or to taste -- after doing a "taste-test"