This recipe is a fun variation of the muffuletta.
Recipe & photo: bhg.com
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 jar(s)
- (16 oz.) pickled mixed vegetables (giardiniera)
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) cream cheese, cut up
- 1 c
- shredded provolone cheese (4 oz.)
- 2 oz
- cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- pitted kalamata and/or green olives, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- dried italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 tsp
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- thinly sliced salami
- focaccia squares or sliced ciabatta bread, toasted
1Rinse and drain pickled vegetables. Remove stems from peppers; chop vegetables (should be about 1 cup).
2In a 1-1/2- or 2-quart slow cooker, combine pickled vegetables, cream cheese, provolone cheese, ham, olives, garlic, Italian seasoning, and, if desired, crushed red pepper.
3Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours. Stir until cream cheese is smooth. Stir in enough milk (2 to 3 Tbsp.) to reach dipping consistency.
4Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, and adding milk as necessary. Serve with salami on toasted bread.