SPANISH SALSA -- BONNIE'S
The photos are my own and so is this humble recipe.
- full cups of ripe garden tomatoes (2 cups diced small, 2 cups diced large)
- red onion, fine diced, or any sweet onion
- large clove garlic, minced
- 1 or 2
- jalapeno pepper, fine diced and seeded, remove white membrane
- large anaheim pepper, fine diced and seeded, remove white membrane
- tablespoons marsala wine
- cup cilantro, chopped, more if you wish
- large lime, juiced with pulp
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
In a medium mixing bowl, add the fresh diced tomatoes and diced onion and minced garlic. We like our salsa with a little juice. This will depend on how juicy your tomatoes are. If you want it drier, remove the excess and set aside in case you decide you want it wetter.