SPANISH SALSA -- BONNIE'S
The photos are my own and so is this humble recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- full cups of ripe garden tomatoes (2 cups diced small, 2 cups diced large)
- red onion, fine diced, or any sweet onion
- large clove garlic, minced
- 1 or 2
- jalapeno pepper, fine diced and seeded, remove white membrane
- large anaheim pepper, fine diced and seeded, remove white membrane
- tablespoons marsala wine
- cup cilantro, chopped, more if you wish
- large lime, juiced with pulp
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
1Use all fresh ingredients for the best results.
In a medium mixing bowl, add the fresh diced tomatoes and diced onion and minced garlic. We like our salsa with a little juice. This will depend on how juicy your tomatoes are. If you want it drier, remove the excess and set aside in case you decide you want it wetter.
2Add the rest of the ingredients, fine diced jalapeno and Anaheim peppers that have been seeded and the white membrane removed. Add 3 tablespoons of Marsala wine, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or more to taste, juice of one lime and the pulp, Kosher salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.