Lite and Sweet Crisps with Fruit Salsa
but changed the toppings a bit and decided they would be really yummy with some fruit salsa. I like the following fruits and ingredients but fruit salsa can be made with your favorite fruits. This is so lite and so refreshing on a hot summer day!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 4 tsp canola oil
- powdered sugar, cinnamon or cinnamon and sugar, or garlic salt for dusting
- strawberries (cut in small pieces)
- mango (cut in small pieces)
- black raspberries (cut in half if too large)
- kiwi (cut in small pieces)
- blueberries, fresh
- pineapple fresh or canned (drained and in small pieces)
- granulated or powdered sugar (both add their own distinct flavor)
- shredded coconut
FRUIT SALSA (USE THIS IF YOU MAKE THE CRISPS WITH CINNAMON)
1Fruit Salsa: Toss together strawberries, mango, kiwi, and pineapple. Add sugar enough to just cover fruit and make a nice syrup when it dissolves. Add a few squeezes of lime juice.
2Now gently toss in the blueberries and black raspberries. And put in frig to chill.
3Preheat oven to 375
4Crisps: Slice wonton wrappers in half diagonally. Then toss in bowl with oil and be sure to seperate them and make sure all are coated,
5Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray and put the wontons on it. Place in oven and bake about ten minutes or until crisp and golden.
6Dust with your favorite topping and serve with fruit salsa if desired. (Before serving fruit salsa sprinkle the coconut over the top of it)