Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 - 6
- anaheim green chiles, roasted, peeled & diced
- 2 - 4
- poblano or pasilla peppers, roasted, peeled & diced
- 1 - 2
- serrano or jalapeno peppers, roasted, peeled & diced, this is optional
- tomatoes, depends on how much you like in your salsa
- 1 small
- onion, diced small, your choice of color
- 3 - 4
- pieces of green onion, chopped small
- 1 or 2 clove
- garlic, diced small
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp
- dill weed
- 1 tsp
- celery salt, 2 or 3 shakes & some pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp
- fresh cilantro, (i used dried cilantro), stems removed, just the leaves
- long cucumber, diced small, can de seeded if you choose
1First the tomatoes are based on how much tomato you like to the other amounts. If you roast your own chiles in oven, put them in a double plastic grocery bag, on a paper towel folded. When all is out of oven and on the paper towel in the bag, put a paper towel on top & tie the inside bag closed and then the outside bag. Put the double plastic bags in a brown paper bag and fold way down closed, put in freezer for 30 to 40 minutes.
2Pull out, and peeling peppers should be a breeze. Dice up all your ingredients and combine together in a bowl. Stir well. You can also put this all in a blender and puree it, if you prefer a non chunky salsa. Taste. . . . fix as needed and you have salsa. If you want to can it. . . .
3For canning you need to add vinegar. If you are making a large pot, like in my picture about a 1/3 c. to 2/3 c. vinegar, stir in well. Don't worry won't flavor it. Cook on stove to a boil, stirring the hotter it gets. When you have a full boil, turn it down to simmer for 20 minutes. Get your jars and lids ready, (heated). After the 20 minutes ladle into your jars up to 1/2 to 1 inch from top. Pressure can it at 10 lbs pressure for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure when you label it, you put your date on it. Should be good on the shelf of your cupboard for 1 year. After pressure cooking it, when pan cools, remove jars to a towel in an area with little air. Let fully cool before you put in cupboard. Enjoy!