Awesome Tomatillo Lime Salsa
Andy Anderson !
About 10 or so years ago I chanced to be traveling in Mexico, and destiny had me stopping in Zihuatanejo for lunch. I was served the best tomatillo/lime salsa I have ever had. I also had the best ceviche of my life, but that a subject for another time, and another recipe.
This is my version of what I like to call: Zihuatanejo Salsa. It’s been a labor of love.
FYI: This salsa can be cooked, or eaten raw... your choice
So, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6-8 medium
- 2 medium
- anaheim chili peppers, or hotter peppers, if you prefer
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 small
- yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp
- salt kosher variety, to taste
- 1/4 c
- fresh cilantro, minus stems, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed lime juice, or to taste
• Serve with your favorite chips.
• Drizzle over chicken or fish.
• Use it to top off a good burger.
• Spread over a baked pork tenderloin