Cecil's Tangy Pickles
- 1 jar(s)
- 24oz. jar of mt. olive bread & butter pickles
- 1/2 jar(s)
- 12 oz. jar of mt. olive jalapeños slices
- cayenne pepper
- red pepper or black pepper
- sea salt (optional)
- garlic cloves
- creole seasoning
2. Pour Whole jar of pickles into strainer allowing large bowl to catch juice.
3. Repeat the process for half of the jalapeño jar.
4. (Optional strain a jar of other pickled products into the strainer)
5. Then mix cut onions and garlic pieces into the strainer
6. Then layer items back into jar using the following technique
--------1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
--------1 tbsp Creole Seasoning
--------1 tsp Red or Black Pepper
--------¼ cup Sugar
7. Repeat until you reach top of jar.
8. (Optional use Sea Salt as final layer)
9. Then pour as much juice as you can back into jar.
10. Leave in refrigerator until sugar dissolves. Make sure to flip jar daily. *It takes a little over a week to dissolve all the sugar.*