Chipotle Chocolate Cinnamon Rub
Irisa Raina 9
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 tablespoon salt “ kosher or sea salt “
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 3 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dry minced garlic
- 1 well rounded teaspoon of un-sweetened cocoa " dark hersheys "
1Put all the above in a food processor or blender and mix till all is almost a fine powder.
2This is a great rub for chicken or ribs. Simply rub it on and then let it marinade in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
3And if you want to turn this into a BBQ sauce all you need to do is add the following to 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the master mix to:
1 cup apple juice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon water
Cook till it is as thick as you want it.
4A double whammy to this recipe is this I use the rub as just that on the meat, and then take some of the rub and make a sauce out of it and baste the same while it is on the grille. If you make this into a sauce you'll need to keep it refrigerated.