Irisa Raina 9
So when I do make enough to give some away, I always make up a small basket with the sauce, hamburger buns, the recipe if its someone who had not got the relish/spread before, and some pretty paper napkins.
I love it!
I sometimes add the following:
Yogurt instead of sour cream.
Chopped jalapeno’s instead of red pepper flakes.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 – 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onions soaked in a couple tablespoons of water
- 1 & ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes “ or to taste”
- ½ teaspoon light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons juice from bread and butter pickles
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dill & sweet relish drained very well
- 8 or so slices of bread and butter pickled drained and chopped
- ¼ cup classic catalina salad dressing
You’ll know it’s done because it will hold its shape in the pan.
Add the sour cream, mayo and the chopped pickles.
If you like the consistency then don’t cook it the second time.