Paradise island hot sauce
Irisa Raina 9
You should be able to get 3 -4 pints “maybe more “depending on how long you cook this.
Depending on how hot you like it…..keep the seeds and veins in and for less heat remove them.
This is amazing on shrimp and pork...
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 – 12 can ounce frozen orange juice “unsweetened”
- 3 – 20 ounce cans crushed pineapple in syrup “ undrained”
- 6 habanero chilies, chopped fine
- 4 serrano chilies, chopped fine
- 2 – 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves roasted garlic smashed
- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger “if you use powdered use about 2/3 of a teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoons white sugar or to taste
1Simmer the onions, garlic, chilies in the orange juice, till the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft.
2In a large soup pot, add the onion mixture with the orange juice and the rest of the ingredients and simmer till it is reduced by half. Checking for salt, pepper and sugar to taste as you go. Stir this about every 15 minutes, cool for about 45 minutes.
3At this point you’ll want to put this into a food processor or blender and whiz till it is smooth.
4Put into clean jars and refrigerate this will last for a month or longer.