Top Shelf Guacamole (Cantina Laredo's)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large hass avocado (ripe, slightly soft to squeeze)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced 3/8-inch (i sub green onion for milder taste)
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, finely diced and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, diced 3/8-inch (remove all insides except tomato flesh, no seeds)
1Using a fork, place it in the middle of the 1/2 lime and squeeze (turning fork) to get the juice in to the bowl. Add the sea salt, white pepper and granulated garlic and stir to combine.
2Cut avocado in half and remove the seed. With a dinner knife, score the avocado every ½ inch, turning knife length-wise and cross-wise to form ½-inch squares.
3Taking each avocado half, place a bouillon spoon between the skin and the pulp. Remove the pulp and place into the mixing bowl. With two forks, mash the avocados to make a chunky paste.
4Next add the onion, cilantro, jalapenos and mix to combine. Last, add the tomatoes.
Serve with chips and enjoy!