Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove
- garlic, roughly chopped
- 2- 15 oz
- cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp
- chili paste or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 c
- shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ripe avacados
- 2 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- scallions,white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c
- plain non fat greek yogurt
- 1/3 c
- 2 c
- finely shredded romaine lettuce
- medium size jar of pico de gallo sauce
- sliced black olives for garnish(optional)
1Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add the garlic, beans and chili paste and heat until fragrant, about three minutes
Using a potato masher or fork, mash the beans.
Remove from the heat, add 2 tbsp. water and mash until somewhat smooth
Spread in a 2 qrt. glass casserole dish, or parfait bowl.
Scatter the cheese over the beans
Halve and pit the avacados:scoop out the flesh into a bowl and mash with a 1 tsp. salt and the lemon juice.
Spread the avocado over the cheese
Add a layer of pico de gallo
Pulse the yogurt with the scallions, cilantro in a blender or food processor. Spread over the avacado.
top with the lettuce.
top with Pico de Gallo and scallions
Serve with Whole Wheat chips
2Makes about 4 cups
Calories; 100 Fat 11 grams