Jenn's Flavorful Salsa
- 2 can(s)
- tomatoes, stewed italian-style (or 6-8 fresh medium size tomatoes)
- 1/2 large
- yellow onions
- 8 clove
- garlic (add more or less to suit your taste)
- 1 bunch
- fresh cilantro
- lime, juiced
- 1/4 can(s)
- green chilis
- jalapenos, fresh deseeded
- serrano chiles, fresh deseeded
- 1 tsp
- salt (add more to taste if needed)
For a more chunky version:
Add salt and taste. Add more salt as needed.If you like a very mild salsa stop here.
This will give you a medium heat salsa. Little tingle on the tongue but you won't be drinking glasses of water with it either.
I highly advise tasting as you go when working with fresh ingredients as it will be a little different each time. I've used a single jalapeno before and ended up with a hot salsa and another time had 2 serrano chilies and 2 jalapeno peppers and it was a mild-medium salsa.