Andy Anderson !
The chipotles give it a bit of a kick, so take care, and enjoy.
If you've never made an Aïoli before, the secret is to slowly drip the oil into the ingredients... not too fast, or it will break.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- egg yolks, room temperature
- capers, plus 1 tablespoon liquid from jar
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped pickled onions, plus 1 tablespoon liquid from jar
- canned chipotle chili peppers, plus 2 teaspoons of the canning liquid
- 1 c
- grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp
- lime juice
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1Add all the ingredients, except the grapeseed oil, and the salt, and pepper, to the bowl of a blender, fitted with an S blade.
Blend until thoroughly combined.
5With the blender running on low speed, drip the oil in slowly, allowing each addition to incorporate into the egg mixture before adding more. As more oil is incorporated, you can add the oil more quickly.
Stop when the oil is fully emulsified into the ingredients, and is creamy in appearance.