Cauliflower florets are a sly substitute for half of the baby potatoes in this creamy salad. The white-on-white combo gets zingy lift from briny capers, mustard and freshly grated horseradish.
- 3 lb. cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- ¼ cup grape seed oil
- 1 ¼ lb. fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise ¼” thick
- 2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 small shallots, minced
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ cup brined capers—drained, rinsed and finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- finely grated fresh horseradish, for serving
On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with the oil and season with salt. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring once, until just tender and lightly browned; let cool.