ARRAN POTATO SALAD
Recipe: Traditional Scottish Cookery
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- potatoes, diced (may peel or not)
- 4 oz
- shelled fresh or frozen peas
- 4 oz
- cooked beetroot (red beets), diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp
- chopped onion (more, if you prefer)
- 4 Tbsp
- salad dressing or salad cream (mayonnaise can be used)
- sprigs of fresh parsley to garnish
1Cook the beets in boiling water for 30-60 minutes, depending on the size. When tender, remove from heat and run under cold water, removing the skins with your fingers. Pat dry and dice.
2Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 minutes, or until tender; drain and pat dry and dice.
3Cook the peas for about 5 minutes and then drain.
4Mix all the vegetables together in a large bowl while still warm. Stir in the parsley, onion, salt and pepper.
5Gently fold in the salad dressing and garnish with fresh parsley. If you prefer more tartness, add a small splash of white wine vinegar.
Serve warm or chilled.