Rachelle's Never Dry Pasta Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 box
- tri colored rotini
- 1 bottle
- kraft fat free house italian dressing
- 1 Tbsp
- penzey's italian dressing seasoning (or a packet of italian dressing seasoning)
- 4 oz
- extra sharp cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 4 oz
- dry mozzerella cheese (cubed)
- medium sized onion (minced)
- green bell pepper (minced)
- red bell pepper (minced)
- 1 can(s)
- sliced black olives
- 1/2 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
1Chop all vegetables and cheeses as described on ingredients list
2Cook pasta according to box directions(I actually slightly over cook my pasta for pasta salad it tends to soak up the flavors a little better)
3Drain pasta. Remove about a cup of the hot pasta and place in large glass bowl. Place all vegetables on top of hot pasta and cover.
4While the hot pasta is bringing out the flavors in the vegetables rinse the remaining pasta in cool water until the temperature of the pasta is cool to the touch.
5Combine cool pasta with hot pasta and vegetables in the large glass bowl. Toss
6Add the olives, Italian dressing seasoning and half a bottle of Italian dressing. Toss
7Add cubed cheese and Parmesan cheese along with 1/2 of the remaining Italian dressing. Toss. Place covered in refrigerator.
8Once the salad is cold add the remaining Italian dressing and serve.