Club Med Chicken Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 16 oz
- penne rigate pasta (or similar pasta your choice of regular or whole wheat)
- 2/3 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 clove
- red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 pt
- cherry tomatoes, or similar, cut in half
- 6 1/2 oz
- artichoke hearts (not marinated)
- 1/2 c
- raisins (can substitute yellow raisins or currants)
- 1/2 c
- kalamata olives (or similar imported olives)
- 3 Tbsp
- 3 c
- cooked chicken, cooled and diced (we used leftover grilled chicken breasts)
- cheese, freshly grated or crumbled (read recipe intro) (optional)
1Prepare pasta according to the package directions. Drain then rinse immediately with cold water. Drain again.
2In a small non-reactive bowl whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
3In a large non-metallic bowl combine the drained pasta with the (cherry) tomatoes, artichoke hearts, raisins, olives, capers, cooked chicken. Stir in the dressing and toss to combine.
4Cover and refrigerate salad for 30 minutes.