Quinoa and Two Bean Salad
This is hearty enough for a main dish salad or take to-go!
- 1 1/2 c
- green beans, fresh or frozen, cut
- 1 1/3 c
- 3/4 c
- quinoa, uncooked, rinsed, well-drained
- 15 oz
- great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c
- green onions, sliced
- 5 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- basil, fresh, chopped (1 tsp dried)
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 5 dash(es)
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- lettuce leaves or fresh greens to serve
1In medium saucepan,combine green beans, water and quinoa. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Cool 10 minutes.
2In medium bowl, combine cooked quinoa mixture, Great Northern beams and onions; mix well. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
3Meanwhile, in small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine lemon juice, oil, basil, garlic and hot pepper sauce (optional); shake well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.