Tomato & Basil Salad by The City Tavern
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- vine-ripe tomatoes or heirloom...cored and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 small
- red onion, chopped fine
- 1/3 c
- fresh basil, thinly sliced 2" long 1/8" wide
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced fine
- 1/2 c
- balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c
- olive oil, walnut oil or sunflower oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- head, boston bibb lettuce (i prefer butter leaf)
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
1Core and slice the tomatoes. To a bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, basil and garlic. Toss with vinegar and oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
2Arrange about 2-4 lettuce leaves on each serving plate (try to form a "bowl" spoon some of the tomato salad into the leaves and garnish with leaves.
3The wording in the Personal Note comes directly from the cookbook on page 114. I hope you enjoy this refreshing salad.