Chicken n' Fruit Salad
I decided once to use fresh pineapple instead of apple. That was the first and last time, as it ended up in the garbage. The fresh pineapple turned the chicken into a yucky goo..not good eats at all. I think that canned pineapple may work, but I hate to waste food, so will stick to my original recipe with apples and grapes...but feel free to try it with other fruits. Enjoy!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- rotisserie chicken, deboned and skinned
- 2 c
- sliced or diced celery
- 1 small
- bunch of green onions, sliced
- red, green or gala apples, peeled cored and diced
- 2 c
- grapes, cut in half (i prefer red seedless)
- 1 c
- toasted sliced almonds, pecan, or cashew pieces
- 4-6 oz
- creamed cheese, softened
- 1/3 - 1/2 c
- best foods (hellman's) mayonaise
- 1/2 c
- vidalia onion salad dressing
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar or 2 pkts of stevia
1I use a rotisserie chicken from Sam's club, but you can roast your own if you choose.
Chill chicken then skin, debone, and cube it up.
2Cut up all the veggies and fruit. Add as much as you want, depending on the size of your chicken.
The dressing ingredients can vary also, depending on the size of the chicken. Add more or less of them to your taste and texture preferences.
3In a large bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together and adjust flavors to your taste. Fold together with chicken, veggies, fruit, & nuts. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.