Warm Roasted Root Vegetable and Chicken Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 large
- red potatoes, cut into bite size chunks
- ounces baby carrots
- large shallots, cut into bite size pieces
- 2/3 c
- vegetable oil, divided
- envelope hidden valley original ranch seasoning mix
- pound chicken breasts, skinned, boned and cut into bite size pieces
- bag (5 ounces) baby spinach, washed and dried
- 2-3 Tbsp
- fresh squeezed lemon juice (+ lemon wedges for garnish)
1Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, shallots and the entire envelope of Ranch seasoning. Drizzle with 1/3 cup on the vegetable oil. Mix well with hands, making sure all ingredients are coated with oil and seasoning. Transfer to a rimmed, non-stick baking sheet, spreading vegetable out to make one layer.
2Roast for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
3Meanwhile, in a 10" non-stick skillet, over medium high heat, saute the chicken breast chunks in the remaining oil for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and pieces are browned around the edges.
4To serve: Place the baby spinach in a LARGE bowl. Add the roasted vegetables and the sauteed chicken. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and toss gently to combine. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.