Baked Potato Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 medium russet potatoes 1 cup sour cream 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled 1 small onion, chopped 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Cover with water and boil until fork tender, about 20-25 minutes. Do not overcook!
2. Drain and cool the potatoes. I put them in a separate bowl and once they cooled enough I put them in the fridge to cool all the way. This gave them an excellent texture and prevented the dairy ingredients from getting hot or the cheese from melting. If you are serving this salad hot then you don’t need to cool the potatoes, just skip step 2!
3. Mix the mayo and sour cream together in a bowl. Add to the potatoes, then add the onions and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste – I use a pepper grinder and a sea salt grinder for EVERYTHING so I never know exactly how much of either I put in. I think the taste is far superior to just using regular table salt and pepper.
4. Top with extra shredded cheese and bacon