Macaroni or Potato Salad, It's a Southern Thang
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 16 oz. boxes of jumbo macaroni or penne pasta
- large onion, finely chopped
- lg. green pepper, chopped kind of small
- stalks of celery, slit down the middle and chopped
- dozen hard boiled eggs, minus yolks
- medium cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 1/2
- cups mayonnaise
- cup plus 2 tbsp. sweet pickle juice
- cup plus 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- tsp. apple cider vinegar
1Cook pasta per directions in large stock pot with liberally salted water. Hard boil a dozen eggs. Run cold water over them and peel.
2Mix dressing and let sit until everything is ready to be mixed.
3I know there are differences of opinion on whether to rinse the cooked pasta but I do mine. So, rinse pasta in cold water and thoroughly drain. Add in chopped ingredients and mix with dressing. NOTE: This is better if made the day before needed.
4NOTE: If salad is dry the next day just make up 1/2 or whole dressing recipe to add and toss. ALSO, you can use potatoes instead of pasta and it's just as good. :)