Bow ties with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- four ripe medium tomatoes, preferably new jersey beef steaks, chopped
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- one garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound bow ties, farfalle
- eight ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into small dice
1in a large pasta serving bowl, mix the tomatoes, basil, oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Let stand at room temperature up to two hours.
2Bring at least 4 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add the pasta, stir well and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente, tender yet firm to the bite.
3Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Add the mozzarella and toss again. Serve at once. Serves 4 to 6.