Watabee Salad (Young Fern Salad)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- japanese seaweed mix
- 1 bunch
- watabee, fresh & cleaned (young fern)
- shoyu, to your taste, aloha brand please
- tomato, fresh, cut into chunks
- maui onion or red onion, chopped
- block kamaboku, cut in chunks (fish cake)
- 1/4 c
- dried shrimp or less (opai)
1Clean ferns with rubber clove(to remove fine hair off stems), chop in bite size pieces. Cook watabee stems first for 1 minute or until semi-soft(pinch stems to check if cooked - soft not mushy)then add middle pieces for a few seconds than add the top portions to finish up. Check stems for doneness by piercing with fingernail careful not to leave to long, stems will become slimmy.
2Rinse in cold water - than add the remaining ingredients, mix to combine & soak overnight in refrigerator. Serve next day as a side dish!