Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c
- extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 3 clove
- fresh garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- baguette, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 - 4 lb
- best ripe summer tomatoes, all varieties & colors
- 1/2 medium
- red onion, chopped fine
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- good balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 oz
- fresh basil, thinly sliced
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
1Heat half of the olive oil and butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat just until better is melted. Remove from heat, add garlic and bread and mix well.
2Place skillet in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the bread cubes are golden and crisp. Remove skillet from oven and set aside to cool.
3Prep the tomatoes - peel if you like, core and slice into bite sized pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Add onion, vinegar, remaining 1/4 of olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir well.
4Just before serving, add the bread and basil to the tomatoes. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary. Spoon into shallow bowls and dive in!!