"The Bomb" Crab Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 large
- package of imitation or real crab pieces, washed and flaked
- 1 lb
- cocktail shrimp washed and (de-veined) (optional)
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 16 oz
- cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 c
- hellman's or best food's mayonnaise (other kinds don't at all taste as good)
- 3/4 bunch
- little green onions, washed and minced
- 3/4 lb
- mild cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
1Prepare seafood, onions and cheese. If seafood is frozen, defrost by putting to soak (completely immersed) in a sink full of cold water until it is defrosted.
2Mix cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise together with a mixer, until very smooth with no lumps. Add sugar,and garlic; beat well until dissolved. Add onions and cheddar cheese. Mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until cold (at least a couple of hours) before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
3Wonderful served on french baguette slices, crackers, canapes,hard rolls or on a bed of lettuce.